Get up close and personal with these wonderful giants
Millennium Elephant Foundation (MEF) was founded in 1999 and is supported by Club Concept which opened in 1979. Club Concept or Elephant bath as it was previously known was the first place to offer bareback elephant riding in Sri Lanka offering people the chance to interact with elephants in a safe and responsible way for both the person and elephant, whilst learning about the plight of elephants in Asia.
Club Concept has only ever offered bare back elephant riding (and have never used a howdah/seat which is really bad for elephants) elephant bathing and feeding, however times are changing and we want to offer our guests an alternative to riding.
The walk was great! You all are doing a good job for the elephants. Keep on the good work! Wish you a lot of success to realize all the plans with MEF!
We feel that this package enables our guests a much more interactive and close up experience, unlike the bareback riding our elephants get the opportunity to walk at a leisurely pace and forage, while you casually stroll behind the elephant enjoying watching their every move and admiring the sheer size of these beautiful animals.Elephant Walk Experience Program:
- Personalised guide for your whole tour.
- Educational talk by an expert about our Foundation, elephants and a tour of our museum
- At least a 30 minute walk with an elephant around our grounds watching and observing the elephant whilst learning about Sri Lankan elephants
- Bathing the same elephant in the river, with only your group without other tourists
- Optional shower whilst standing next to elephant
- Free entrance and tour of Maximus Elephant Dung Paper Factory
- Optional 3 course lunch - including tea or coffee
- Whole experience last around 3-4 hours
- Cost is Rs 6,000 per person
- Cost is Rs 5,000 per person (Without lunch)
- Children 3 years and under are free
- Children aged 4 to 12 years are half price
To book - Please fill in the Elephant Walk Experience - Booking form
You can either pay on arrival or in advance using the direct debit information given below.
Bank Name: Commercial Bank of Ceylon LTD
A/C No: 1210008801
Swift code: CCEYLKLXPlease email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of the proof of payment so we can add it to our records and secure your booking.
Please view our Terms and Conditions
- Minimum 2 pax
- Maximum 10 people per walk (if more than 10 in a group the walk will be split into 2 or more walks) This is so you don't lose the personal close up experience with the elephant.
Please note you may have other guests on the same walk depending on bookings.