We need your help caring for the elephants in our sanctuary and to save more from a life of hardship!
You have the opportunity to play an important part in helping to promote the welfare of Asian elephants in Sri Lanka by becoming a member of the MEF and receiving regular updates on our projects and our elephants.
Currently it costs approximately 7000 rupees (£40/ $61) per elephant, per day to keep them safe and fed – this does not include the cost of any medical treatment and we want to be able to save more! Your sponsorship money goes directly into funding the elephants upkeep and any extra goes towards projects to improve their lives.
As a MEF member you will receive:
- Free admission to the MEF for one year with your ID card
- An adoption certificate on hand made, recycled elephant dung paper
- An elephant fact sheet and photograph of your own adopted elephant featuring their history, personality traits and news about what they have been up to.
- Quarterly e-newsletters written by volunteers with all the latest on the elephants and our projects here at MEF.
If you are under 16 your membership pack will also include the Millennium Elephant Foundation activity pack containing quizzes, facts and a make your own Ele-friend.
Membership fees are as follows:
- Rs.3500 ($35 / £20)- Adopts one elephant for one year.
Choose from Lakshmi, Pooja, Rani, Saliya, Raja, Kavari Raja, Bandara or Seetha
- Rs.25000 ($250 / £140) Adopts all elephants for one year.
NB: prices indicated in Sri Lankan Rupees / US dollars / British Pounds and include P&P.
Please send payments via…
Direct debit to: Commercial Bank of Ceylon LTD A/C No: 1210008801
Swift code : CCEYLKLX
Or by cheque payable to: “The Millennium Elephant Foundation”
Please apply to sponsor an elephant using the form at the bottom of the page.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting the MEF, without your kind donations and support we would not be able to provide such a vital service for the elephants throughout Sri Lanka.